Health Insurance

Every student coming to France is required to submit a proof of health insurance coverage, valid in France. Students below 28 years old can register to the French Student Social Security.

Do I need a VISA?

If you are a citizen of the European Union, a valid I.D. card or passport is sufficient.
If you are currently living outside the European Union or in a European country without having the citizenship, you will need a Long term Visa and a residence permit.

How do I get my VISA?

If you need to obtain an Extended-stay student visa, with residency permit, you should do the following:

  • If you live in a country with a CampusFrance office, you should visit their website in order to know the steps that you should follow (Section “Prepare your Stay, Obtaining a visa”)
  • If you live in a country without a CampusFrance office, you should contact the French Embassy in your country of residence.

When you arrive in France and according to your situation, you might have to take several steps to obtain your residence permit (such as the registration at the OFII – the French government Organization in charge of Immigration and Integration).